Wednesday, September 12, 2007

6 years later -- September 11 -- Remembered


It's odd. Six years ago I was in a hotel room in Vegas attending a convention and I see this on my television screen. Just like the space shuttle Challenger disaster before this I was dumbstruck. Could this actually have been happening?
Well it did happen.
I remember being stuck. They cancelled all flights. I had to seek transportation elsewhere. All the car rental places were sold out. Folks were buying cars off the lots just to get home. Strangely I remember walking on the floor of the convention thinking to myself what a ghost town of a place it had become compared to a day earlier. Everyone was somber. Luckily I was able to find a ride home through the mad driving of a German buddy I had befriended in Los Angeles.
My prayers and thoughts go out to all the family and loved ones lost on this day.

No comments: